The Association of International Banks was established with the following key objectives:
- To play a positive role in strengthening Thailand's banking system.
- To represent foreign banks in Thailand with the Bank of Thailand and other regulatory bodies on issues of concern to the foreign banking community.
- To cooperate and maintain an ongoing dialogue with the Thai Bankers' Association on matters of common interest.
- To organize, solicit and coordinate the exchange of information and expertise among its members.
- To provide training seminars for members on legal, tax, regulatory issues, etc.
- To provide external conference covering interested topics to banking community.
- To provide research and translation services to its members.
- To facilitate press relations on matters pertaining to foreign banks in Thailand.
- To identify and address common problems and concerns.
- To promote and maintain good fellowship between its members.