The Association of International Banks
At the Association of International Banks (“AIB”), we value your privacy and are committed to safeguarding the personal information that you have entrusted us with. Further, we embrace transparency as a means of building trust and confidence with you. It is of paramount importance for us to enlighten you on our practices with regard to data privacy by providing meaningful and effective information.
In this Notice, personal data means any data pertaining to a person, which enables the identification of such person, whether directly or indirectly.
This Notice details:
- What personal data AIB may collect;
- How AIB may collect your personal data;
- How and why AIB may use your personal data;
- How AIB may share your personal data;
- How AIB protects your personal data;
- Your rights with regard your personal data; and
- Our contact details.
Any reference in this Notice to “we”, “us” or “our” refers to the Association of International Banks. References to “you” or “your” are references to management and staff of our member banks and of government agencies, and contact persons and staff of service providers.
- What personal data AIB may collect
We may directly collect the following categories of your personal data:
- Your name, home address, telephone number and/or email address,
- A copy of your passport or identity card,
- Your resume if you attend an AIB event or seminar,
- Photographs of yourself if you attend an AIB event or seminar,
- Your account settings including any preferences,
- Your IP address and other online identifiers,
- Details of your online browsing activities on our website.
We may also collect, store and use information about special requirements for your attendance at any AIB event, including dietary or accessibility requirements.
- How AIB may collect your personal data
We are willing to process personal data fairly and transparently. As such, we will do our utmost to collect your personal information only in a way that you would reasonably expect.
Direct collection of your personal data
Your personal information may be collected from you when you voluntarily submit it to us or interact with us directly, and/or as part of our contractual or membership relationship.
Indirect collection of your personal data
Personal information might also be collected from publicly available sources, e.g. your organization’s website, and/or from third parties. In this case, we will obtain your permission at the time or prior to the collection of your personal data if you had not authorized such third party to provide us with your information.
- Why and how AIB may use your personal data
As part of a fair processing, we will do our best efforts to assess at all times the impact that the use of your personal information may have over you and your rights. Hence, we will not process your data if that would result in unjustified adverse effects on you.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
To collect and use your personal information, we will rely on the following legal basis only:
- Where it is needed for the performance of a contract with you;
- Where it is related to a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Where you have expressly consented to it; and
- Where your data privacy is not threatened by the use of your personal information which appears necessary for our legitimate interests.
Purposes for which we process your personal data
As a result, the personal information you provide us will thus be used for specific purposes as follows:
- To provide information and respond to enquiries and/or complaint with respect to your organization’s membership with us,
- To keep your organization updated of and promote any event we organize or services we offer,
- To invite you to and manage your attendance to any event we may organize,
- To management payment in relation with your organization’s membership or your attendance to an event,
- To keep our website information up to date and improve its functionality for the benefit of users,
- To enable you to create accounts and log-in to them on behalf of your organization via our website and assist you with any user account or log-in queries,
- To request provision of a service from you or your organization as needed and manage payment of such service (e.g. maintenance of premises, IT support, website administration, translation works, audit),
- For our general record-keeping and membership management,
- To comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject (e.g. tax compliance, reporting requirements); and
- For any additional purposes that we advise you of and for which we have a legal basis, which may for instance be your consent when such consent is required by law.
Failure to provide your personal data
Please note that if you fail to provide certain personal information when required, we may not be able to perform our obligations resulting from a contract entered into with you or fully comply with our legal obligations, which might be detrimental to you.
Period of retention of your personal data
Besides, your personal information will only be retained as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfill any of the purposes set out above, in accordance with the applicable laws.
- How and why AIB may share your personal data
Disclosure of your personal data
We may need to share your personal information in certain circumstances with third parties, e.g. e insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in Section 2 or as follows:
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. In such case, we will endeavour to not disclose more personal information that is required under the circumstances;
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- To protect the rights and property of AIB;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- Where your personal information is publicly available; or
- With your consent where such consent is required by law.
Third parties may include third party service providers that process data on our behalf (e.g. IT support, event organizers and suppliers, payment processors in relation with membership), and government authorities, courts and any other legal or regulatory entity. Third-party services providers are permitted to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions only.
Some of these recipients of the data may be located overseas. Where personal data is to be transferred outside of the country, we comply with the applicable data protection laws and ensure that personal data be transferred outside of the country only in accordance with the requirements prescribed under the applicable data protection laws, to ensure that a standard of protection that is comparable to the protection under such laws is provided to the personal data so transferred.
- How AIB protects your personal data
We have measures in place to protect your personal data against loss, unauthorized or illegal access, use, modification, amendment or disclosure, including without limitation:
- We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to ensure that your personal data is recorded and processed in complete confidentiality and security;
- We review these measures when necessary or when there is a change in technology to ensure appropriate and effective security maintenance;
- We implement and maintain appropriate restrictions on access to your personal data, and monitoring of the access, use, and transfer of personal data.
Though AIB will take reasonable measures to protect the personal data, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
- Your rights with regard to your personal data
Under Thai law, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Withdraw the consent you granted at any time, unless your right to withdraw such consent is limited by law or by any contracts to which you are a party. Note that the withdrawal of your consent shall not prejudice the collection, use, or disclosure of the personal data to which you have previously and lawfully granted consent.
- Request for access to, and copy of the personal data relating to yourself which is stored under our responsibility
- Request for disclosure of how unauthorized personal data is obtained,
- Request us to transfer your personal data, provided that such personal data is in readable format and generally used by automatic devices, to you or to third parties when such transfer can be made automatically,
- To object to the collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal data in some specific situations,
- Request the deletion, destruction or anonymisation of your personal data in some specific situations,
- Request us to suspend the use of the personal data in some specific situations,
- Request us to update, complete or adjust your personal data,
- To file a complaint with your local data protection authorities in some jurisdictions, in case we are in breach of the applicable laws and regulations.
- Our Contact details
Again, the protection of your data matters to us. Should you have any question about this Policy or would like to provide comments, do not hesitate to contact us at:
The Association of International Banks
Sathorn Thani Building 2, 19th Floor
92/55 North Sathorn Road